The practice of Chiropractic is a specialized health care approach that is based upon the relationship between how your body is structured and how it functions; with a greater focus on the role of the spine. A Chiropractic practitioner is called a Chiropractor.
Some Chiropractors use a wide variety of approaches for treatment but the primary focus would be to perform spinal adjustments, or adjustments to other areas of the body that would help correctly align the spine, thus supporting the natural ability of the body to heal itself.
- Many people choose chiropractic care for back and neck related pains as well as for headaches.
- Inherent with any such treatment, there are side effects and risks that depend largely upon the particular chiropractic treatment applied. Your chiropractor can explain these before treatment.
- In the United States, a Doctor of Chiropratic (DC) degree is required from a college that is accredited to confer such a degree.
- Research continues on chiropractic treatment and its effects on conditions and diseases that could benefit from such treatment.
- Be sure to always inform your regular health provider of any alternative and complimentary practices or treatments that you receive or use. Doing so will best allow them to manage your overall health and provided for safe and coordinated health care.
Dr. John Herner is a licensed NH Chiropractor and available to discuss any additional questions or concerns you may have, with offices located at 60 Main Street, Nashua, NH 03060.